This is a super quick and easy recipe, and a great way to get spinach into little mouths. Sometimes I'll take some of the spinach and blend it in a food processor before adding it to the mix, as it turns these muffins green!
You can also use frozen spinach for this recipe – we chop and freeze spinach to keep for the off seasons, so we can add it to our recipes all-year round.
Makes ~ 20 mini-muffins.
- 2 Cups Self-Raising Flour (or Gluten-Free Self-Raising Flour)
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Cups Spinach, finely chopped (or frozen spinach)
- 1 1/2 Cups grated Tasty Cheese
- 1 Cup Milk (or low-lactose alternative)
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- Lightly grease your muffin trays with butter or oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Place dry ingredients in a bowl (season with salt and pepper at this stage if you'd like an adult-friendly version)
- Add cheese and spinach, and toss together to combine
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs, milk and oil
- Add wet mixture to the dry mixture and fold together until just combined
- Spoon mix evenly into your muffin trays
- Bake for 15–20 minutes